Memphis Firefighters gave life to the Fire Museum and have given nearly one million dollars to build the museum and its programs. Your Red Door donation will help us continue the museum’s efforts to positively impact the fire fatality rate in our city. The average number of fire fatalities has dropped in Memphis from 25 to 10 per year since the museum opened. That is 15 fewer deaths per year. As well, the rich history, of which you helped make, is being preserved. For the first time since the museum opened, we have a Historian on staff. Names of all Red Door members are recorded in the Red Door Exhibit in the Museum.View Red Door Donors
The museum needs your annual contribution to maintain the Memorial Wall, the exhibits, and other programs such as free educational tours for Shelby County Schools and preservation of timeline records for all Memphis Firefighters who have served our department. Although the Memphis Fire Department provides in-kind support such as the Fire Prevention Educators that are assigned to the museum’s fire safety program, the museum does not receive any on-going operating funds from the Fire Department, the City or Shelby County.
For your tax deductible $5 per pay period or $120 yearly contribution to the museum you will receive:
Become a Red Door Member
$120 / Year
$5 / Pay Period
- 1 T-Shirt for $5 per pay period donation (2 for $10 per pay period donation)
- Family Membership – free, unlimited admission for your immediate family to the museum for the term of your deduction.
- Special invitation for you and your family to special events such as our annual “Breakfast with Santa,” and grand openings of new exhibits, etc.
- 25% discount on “Hottest Children’s Birthday Party in Town” fee
- 25% discount on after-hours Party or Banquet Roomrental.
- 10% discount on purchases at Gift Shop
- Permanent Recognition at museum